Thursday, February 27, 2020

WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT....


A RECENT REVIEW FROM AMAZON OFFERS THIS INFORMATION:  A rarely shared story about the struggles faced by the families of deployed service members.  The author does a great job of framing the complex range of emotions that families endure during deployments.  Love, pride, fear, loss, sadness, anger and disappointment.  Most importantly, Hope.


MANY AN AUTHOR HAVE PEOPLE WHO ENDORSE THEIR WORDS THAT ARE FAMOUS.  WHERE THAT WOULD LOOK NICE THE COMMON FOLK ARE OFTEN THE BEST ONES TO OFFER THEIR MIND.  THE FOLLOWING CAME FROM A MILITARY MOTHER THAT SPEAKS HER FEELINGS ON READING, "HOPE IS A WEAPON" .  Please tell John that I’m “in the book".  That is, I’m almost to the middle, but I’m absorbing it as I go.  I really can only read a couple chapters at a time before it hits me hard and I’m crying.  🤷‍♀️  (And then I switch back to an easy read novel to get my mind off the memories) it’s really good.  You certainly nailed it from the parents' side of that experience.  And I’ve started asking our son about some  of his experiences.  He’s opened up a little more, and I’m so grateful to you both for all the time and effort this book must have taken.


I appreciate so much the comments above.  Not everyone wants to talk about issues of deployment.  It's a hard process for sure.  We all know some who has deployed, is deployed or will deploy in the future.  What is expressed in "Hope is a Weapon", is not atypical.  In fact, it's the norm.

YGG,

John , 

No comments:

Post a Comment