Tuesday, March 3, 2020

WHERE IS HOPE AT TODAY-PART 7



Hawkeye's new home 

This past weekend I was contacted by Mary Bennett, Special Collections Coordinator of the State Historical Society of Iowa.  She presented an entirely different scenario to the "Hope is a Weapon" book box.  This time SHE was making a request.  "I was very interested in the book you wrote and feel it's important to add to Iowa's documentary record.   We are proud of our service men and women so preserving their stories is extremely important", she relayed.   WOW, that's pretty special, I thought. So I ambled up to the cardboard Hope home and asked if I had a volunteer to become a part of the legacy of our state.  Little Hawkeye chirped right up.  "Count me in", he said.  "I think it would be awesome to make Iowa City my home."   So there you have it.  Our last 5X7 willing paperback is onto new digs.   The few remaining subjects are spoken for from our book allotment.  For sure this "Where is Hope at Today" thing been fun. It's kind of a exciting time and a sad time all in one.  Now, it's time to move on with some other marketing ideas.  Who knows what lies ahead?  I'm not sure I can imagine that.  But I can only HOPE to.



YGG,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment