Monday, February 10, 2020

WHERE IS HOPE AT TODAY-PART 5


I was telling my wife, Joanne, that I was thinking of going to the Polk County Veterans Affairs the other day and gifting them a copy of "Hope is a Weapon".  Almost as soon as I got the words out of my mouth, little Woolie screamed from the book box...."me, me, me".  "And why would that be?", I asked.  "Well they do a great job of helping veterans in the Polk County area and last fall they had their 3rd Annual Coat Drive.  That's where I want to be, seeing veterans get a helping hand or coat", he rattled off.  So off we went.  A short time later, we connected with Pat Sweeney, the Director and Nick Lemmo, the Assistant Director and the rest is history.  Woolie has a new home and we have some new friends.  So, now where?  Stay tuned.  As I've said before, "I can only imagine".

Pat, John and Nick and the Little One….

No comments:

Post a Comment