Friday, February 7, 2020

WHERE IS HOPE AT TODAY-PART 4

WHERE IS HOPE AT TODAY- PART 4


"John?"  came the question from the Hope is a Weapon book box.  "John?  I am reporting for duty to be the next Hope volunteer.  I've got a great idea, I think", said the little Herbie.  The diminutive one ratlled of a number of reasons why he felt the Des Moines VA was the place he needed to settle in at. He cited that the organization came about when President Hoover signed an executive order establisihing the VA on July 21, 1930....and that today there are over 18.2 million veterans in the United States and some 9 million of those use VA services.  "Ok, dude", I said.  "You sold me.  Let's go".  A short time later we were meeting with Shirley Woolluums, Volunteer Service-Program Support Assistant in Des Moines and presenting her a copy of the book.  All in all, it was a perfect location.  So, where will Hope be next?  I can only imagine....      


Shirley Woollums accepting a gift of "Hope is a Weapon".

No comments:

Post a Comment