Thursday, May 7, 2020

HOPE YOU'RE LOOKIN UP!

I made the decision yesterday that I'm going to return to posting "My Father's Voice" to Facebook.  It's been a long time since I've taken our stories and placed them on the social media giant.  The biggest reason I left FB was that I felt that most posts had become way to political and confrontational.  It had become clutter....and confusion.  Frankly, I didn't want any part of it.  So I jettisoned.

Recently, I came to the conclusion, that despite any backlash that my posts would receive if I returned, it's far better than doing nothing at all.  Because the way I see it, we are in desperate times where desperate action is needed.

Here's where my challenge came from.  A Des Moines, Iowa author, Galyn Wiemers, who is founder of Generation Word, a Bible teaching ministry, penned a book in 2007, entitled "Hope for America's Last  Generation".   One of many paragraphs got my attention.  But this is the one that really made an impact.  "God rewards believers for their faithful service. The believer who has been saved for many years and lived a faithful life will have more opportunities for rewards than one who got saved at the last minute or one who never truly walked in obedience to God.  It is possible to spend your life thinking you are serving the Lord but earn no reward in the end (1 Corinthians 3:15; 9:27).  Rewards are only given for actions that involve:

1.  Pure or sincere motivation-(doing the right thing for the wrong reason won't earn a reward)
2.  Serving God in truth-(having a sincere motive but doing the wrong thing won't get a reward)

So I asked myself, and you might do the same thing....am I doing all I can to tell people about what prophecy is telling us about the times were in?  My immediate and sad answer...was NO.  I've always thought of myself as one who tries to walk faithfully, but never one that talks much about God and my relationship with my creator.  I've never felt comfortable talking about it.  My wife on the other hand looks for any opportunity there is to spread the word. 

It made me think..."My Father's Voice" impacted many during the time our son was deployed to Afghanistan.  People from over 150 countries came to our site to see what God's voice was instructing.  It helped people....it challenged people.....and it changed people.  So I asked myself.  Couldn't this be a way to increase my motivation and means of serving God?  That's where I'm at.  And going forth, that's where I'm going to be.  A distributor of Truth, offering No Confusion.  There will be a whole lot of Hope in my messages.  My book, "Hope is a Weapon", was the centerpiece behind this line of thinking.  In these times, there is only one Hope.  And it's not in anything but Jesus.

I will say though.  You'd better be looking up.  Times are close at hand.  A LifeWay Research article offers some insight with this quote, "Almost 9 in 10 pastors see at least some current events matching those Jesus said would occur shortly before he returns to Earth".  Now, if that's the case then, why aren't they talking about it from the pulpit?  Why are they not telling their flock?   Shouldn't they be educating their audience as to what's at stake? 

There's a very good reason to be looking up
 
These words might say why:

"But concerning that day and hour no ones knows, not even the angels of Heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.  For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.  For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the Ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man". -Matthew 24:36 

Now you know why I say, "I Hope You're Looking Up".

YGG,

John


           




No comments:

Post a Comment