Friday, January 21, 2011

DON'T WORRY....."THREE LITTLE BIRDS"

I know what mood I'm in this January day, but how are you feeling about our winter season right now?  Are you tired of the snow, lack of sun and finding yourself wishing for some, any sign of spring?  Can't come soon enough, you say?

I dislike this time of year (notice I didn't say hate).  Once the Christmas tree, stockings and lights come down, my sights switch to thoughts of green grass and warmer temperatures.  I'd like to think we've about reached the "hump" and we are on a quick pace to see Mother Nature in evening attire rather than Eskimo garb. I sure hope so anyway.  I kind of feel the same way about this deployment thing.  We're six months in and six more to go.  Without question, we are on the downside.  However, that doesn't mean we are home free.  Far from it.

I'm sure I'm no different than any soldier or family member in that I'd just like to get this over with.  Given the fact that our son, Kris, is home on leave, makes it all that much harder.  We're about 9 days from him leaving again.  Already, I can see some attitudes changing in myself, my wife and our youngest son as that day draws near when our soldier boards a plane to head back to Afghanistan.

Today, I had some video clips passed to me about a young British girl who made a name for herself on "Britain's Got Talent".  I dug a little deeper into her resume and found this little nugget, that sure fit the moment for me.  And it can for you too no matter what situation you're in right now.  Don't worry......okay.

   
This little dynamo, Connie Talbot, was eight years old when she recorded Bob Marley's old tune, "Three Little Birds".  Talbot finished runner up to Paul Potts in Britain's version of "American Idol" one year prior to releasing this song and  her first album.  Since then, she has gone on to perform in front of numerous British and American television audiences.  Her album was number one in three countries.

I pass this little ditty along to you...because it helped me today.  It put a bounce back in my step and helped ease some not so good thoughts in my mind.  So, don't worry.....be happy......everything's going to be alright!!!!


YGG,

John   

No comments:

Post a Comment