Tuesday, January 28, 2020

WHERE IS HOPE AT TODAY-PART 3




WHERE IS HOPE AT TODAY? PART 3

The music was blaring out of the sound bar next to the TV,  the Mercy Me song, "I Can Only Imagine".  The second verse had just begun as I tried to follow suit with the words.  "Surrounded by You glory,
What will my heart feel, Will I dance for you Jesus, Or in awe of You be still"... when a loud voice comes from the "Hope is a Weapon", book box.  "Can I  be the next volunteer?"   I sneak a look as Bud Jr. asks another way, "please, can I?"  "Sure", I fire back.  What you got in mind".  "I have a namesake, a Retired Maj. Gen. Warren G. “Bud” Lawson  who was the Iowa National Guard's 26th adjutant general.  He was a visionary during his 44-year career.  I  would consider it an honor to represent for us",  Jr. alluded.   "How about we go to the Iowa Gold Star Military Museum?", he said.   While Lawson did not have a direct involvement with the museum, his  hand prints and connections are all over it.  The choice was easy.   Within the hour, Bud Jr. and I were on our way to Camp Dodge.   Upon arriving , we connected with Sherrie Colbert, Museum Director and Michael Yogt, Curator and presented  a 5X7 bundle of pride to the Museum.  Sherrie mentioned a Book Festival that could be upcoming in the Spring and if we would/could come back.  "Uhhhh, for sure", I said.  "Would love tooooo.  Stay tuned.  Bud Jr. enjoy the new surroundings.  Now, it's time to start imagining ...Where will Hope be next?

Adding  a nugget to the Iowa Gold Star Museum 

No comments:

Post a Comment