Thursday, October 8, 2020

ARE YOU LOOKIN UP?

 "Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man".-Luke 21:36

I find I'm using a phrase I borrowed from my wife a whole lot more these days.  "Keep lookin up".  I had a little reservation in saying it at first.  It didn't seem natural to me.  But now, the more I use it, the more I feel convicted in laying it out there.  I did a little research on the subject and found out this about the quote.  Remember the comic strip, "Peanuts?"  Yeah, that Peanuts.  The creator of the animal, so to speak, was Charles Schultz.  He often times spoke in feeling stuck in a rut.  His answer was to try and look up and in doing so, you will find there are many more possibilities there!   

Now, it would be easy to say that having a positive attitude about things helps.  But it means so much more.  You need to look up for a reason.  God is there and he will provide what we need in no uncertain terms.   

Which leads me to this 2020 election cycle.  Weeks ago I found myself digging more into prophesy and less into what the results of the election might mean.  Here is what I now feel convicted of.  While I'm still hopeful Donald Trump wins,  I'm no longer of the belief that if he doesn't win...all is lost.  If Trump wins, I believe God will have given us a reprieve of sorts to get things right with him.  And if Trump loses, it will be the beginning of the end.  Just as simple as that.  So, really, it's a win-win thing.    

How could I say such a thing you might ask?  And I would respond by saying, look at the truth, the whole truth. That would be in the Bible.  Look at the Book of Revelations.  Errr, read it I mean.  Study it and let it soak in.  If you do, I am fairly certain my thoughts won't seem so far off base.  



Look up.  Take a long, long look.  If you think we are long for this world then you are sadly mistaken.  He's coming back.  I don't know when.   But soon.....  


12 "Look, I am coming soon!  My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.  13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. 14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and many go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.  16 I Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches.  I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star. 17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who wishes take the free gift of the the water of life.  18  I warn everyone who hears the words of prophesy of this scroll: If anyone adds to the  plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from the scroll of prophesy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.  20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon".   Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus.  21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen". -Revelation 22 12-21  


One more time.....Keep Lookin UP.  

YGG,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment