Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WHEN THERE'S NO FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

I vividly remember a picture on my Grandmother's wall.  As a young lad, it always fascinated me.   It was an image of a set of footprints in the sand.  Just one lone set.  And they traveled a journey to nowhere in particular.  Yes, my Grandmother left me a memory that I will never forget.  Probably, because it had some deep meaning that I didn't truly understand....yet someday, hoped I would.  Here they are:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.  Scenes from my life flashed across the sky.  In each, I noticed footprints in the sand.  Sometimes, there were two sets of footprints, other times there was only one.

During the lowest times of my life I could see only one set of footprints so I said, "Lord, you promised me that you would walk with me always.  Why, when I have needed you most, would you leave me?"

The Lord replied, "My precious child.  I love you and would never leave you.  The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."  -Mary Stevenson


When you feel all alone........

My journey of realizing the  truth of  those set of footprints has been a long one.  There have been times where I've been hurt and longed for God.  I've yelled.  I've cursed.  I tried being distant.... as if that would get me anywhere.  If there was anything I could do to show my disappointment in God, I tried.  Yet he didn't go anywhere.

It was these words that impacted me most. Finally.  And I might add, just in time.   I am with you.  I Am With You.  I AM WITH YOU.  Heaven's bells continually peal with that promise of My presence.  Some people never hear those bells because their minds are earthbound and their hearts are closed to me.  Others hear the bells only once or twice in their lifetimes, in rare moments of seeking Me above all else.  My desire is that My "sheep" hear My voice continually, for I am the ever-present Shepherd.

These words are the perfect potion.  They speak truth and they can, if soaked in, take the load off.  I can't help but think of our soldiers who return from War.  They suffer from PTSD and they feel like they 're in life by themselves.  But they don't have to be.  And neither do you.  Any of us can be the benefactors of God's ways and knowing .....I AM WITH YOU.

YGG,

John      


No comments:

Post a Comment