Sunday, June 10, 2012

IS YOUR PATIENCE WEARING THIN?

I've been hearing alot about people's problems lately.  One person I know can't find a job for the life of him.  Another is ready to leave his wife and put his house up for sale...because she says she doesn't feel the "old" tingle in her bones anymore.  And....

I recently met a young man who seems as normal as anyone you'd ever want to come across.  Then I find out he's been hooked on meth for over 15 years, been in and out of prison several times and now he's out of a job.  Seems like he couldn't conform to his boss wanting him to be responsible, you know, show up on time and all.  So they got into an argument and he walked off. NO one was going to tell him what to do.  Sadly, he has three lovely daughters that would love for him to be a dad rather than the misfit he's become.  But the desire isn't there and patience is nowhere to be found.  Yeeee gads......

These are but a few of the stories I've come across. And in them all and others I haven't told you about, it  would appear a lack of patience is a big part part of the problem.  I listened to our Pastor Mike Housholder speak this weekend about some of the hypocrisy in the church today.  He told the congregation of some of his weaknesses and yes, sins.  Envy, being one of them.  By definition you can see where envy and patience (or lack thereof) meet.
  1. spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins)
  2. a feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something possessed by another
  3. be envious of; set one''s heart on
  4. feel envious towards; admire enviously
How are you doing today in this area?  Do you consider yourself a willing person  to wait for those things that God wants you to have?....or is your patience wearing thin because your envious of someone else?  Have you reached that juncture where if you can't have it here, then you'll force the issue or move on to what you might see as "greener pastures".

Hey, I'm as guilty as the next guy.  Don't think I don't suffer from some of these same things....BUT.....walking with the Lord has taught me a whole new set of rules.  Ones that I'm trying to apply to my life, not only for me, but for my family and my family's family.  Here are some words to turn to when you feel beat down, beat up and no where to turn.


25:1 To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
25:2 O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame; do not let my enemies exult over me.
25:3 Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame; let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.
25:4 Make me to know your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths.
25:5 Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all day long.
25:6 Be mindful of your mercy, O LORD, and of your steadfast love, for they have been from of old.
25:7 Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions; according to your steadfast love remember me, for your goodness' sake, O LORD!
25:8 Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
25:9 He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.
25:10 All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his decrees. -Psalm 25 1-10


YGG,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment