Sunday, July 17, 2011

A FAMILY JOURNAL: A MOTHER'S PRAYER TO A SOLDIER-VOLUME 16

The journal you are about to read is part of an ongoing dialogue.  The words are a conversation between "the family" of the soldier experience.  It's Dads, Moms, Sons,  Daughters,  Relatives and Friends sharing their thoughts of a particular day and/or it could be the soldiers journal entry detailing his or hers.  I believe there are many, many people keeping a journal through the Afghan War.  If you want to share an entry of yours email it to jkmyfathersvoice@gmail.com  Your post will be strictly confidential,  no names will be used.  In addition, locations overseas will not be mentioned for security purposes except the country of origin.  Some editing may be done to further protect the journal participant.


To my first born son with my whole heart:

 I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning and had you heavy on my heart...I felt like God was prompting me to get up and to pray specifically for you.   I felt the need to pray a very cleansing prayer on your behalf.  A battle prayer in the spirit realm.  One that reminded the powers of darkness that they have no authority over you because you belong to Christ.  I felt there was an evil presence that was with you and also with many of the other soldiers.   A presence that perhaps attached itself to you in Afghanistan.   As a country that does not know or honor the Lord there is much evil at work within its borders.  I do not have to tell you that I, know....But I feel as though there is like a residue that comes back with many of our soldiers. One that wants to defeat you however it can, mentally, emotionally, wrecking marriages and relationships, bringing illness... I want you to be aware.  But the most important thing is I want you to remember my words to you in previous letters - BUT GOD.

The enemy who follows after some of you is already defeated because the Lord has brought him down...and he knows it.  But he seeks to prey on those who don't recognize him or who don't have the wisdom to know he is real and nipping at their heels.  I feel he was after you...Wishing to stay secretly attached and causing you to think it was 'all you'.  The good news is that he has been exposed and brought down. I felt the need to pray for you from head to toe. To pray for a cleansing of your emotions, soul, spirit, and body. To pray for a detachment of all that encumbers you from war. These things must leave you now and have no authority to come into our home. They must go back from where they came. Not because I say so but because the Lord has given US who walk with HIM authority over evil.  It is in HIS name that I pray and it is in HIS power over them that they must obey.  The bible speaks of the devil and his demons as shuddering in fear at the name of the Lord.  It is in HIS name that I pray for you.  And it is in HIS name that you must continue to stand. 

Envision A Cleansing White Light

 I envisioned a cleansing white light all around you-even under your feet so no ground was left exposed.  I envisioned a pushing away of all that has been on you and after the pushing away a barrier around you that keeps it out.  Many soldiers are going to be carrying this evil home with them, into their homes and relationships. We must continue to pray. To pray that they come to faith in God because only He has defeated this enemy and without Him it is a battle that will exhaust them and not let up.  You saw how evil, evil is, how it has no regard for life or things that are good, and pure, and right.  It has set itself up against these things.  Not so much in hatred of us per say but in hatred of God and knowing that attacking what God loves most (us) is the best battle plan it has against Him.  This life is about so much more than we see.  There is a whole "nother" war going on out there.   I have learned so much about it by reading the writings of those who have recorded history for us in the pages of the scriptures.  God has given us so much by preserving these writings.  The biblical writings are not just stories but are actual historical events that have been and are continuing to be proven accurate all the time.  It is my hope for you that you will pursue your walk with God upon your return home.  That you will desire to grow in your knowledge of Him-because you need Him.  WE ALL DO.  I know you will want to have some good hard fun, and you should!  But I pray you will not find your total escape there, in the things of party life and what not.  I know you will want to go there for a short time but don't stay there too long lest it becomes a way of life and with it consequences that follow.
You know I love you with all I got...I am and will always be here for you anytime, anywhere.  I pray that we stay close as a family all of our lives. That we always have each other close at heart and that we enjoy each other.  There are still some rocky places as your brothers continue on the road to manhood but I pray our relationships always stay intact.  I so want to enjoy each other always and to be a close knit family.  I love nothing more on this earth than you guys.

Please know that you can talk to me as little or as much as you want to. You do not have to spare me from the horrors you saw if you want to talk about them.  It is painful to hear no doubt but I know that evil is full of horror.  But there is power in bringing things kept inside, in the dark, out into the light, the open...Once they are out the light takes away the power of the darkness and the bigness of it all shrinks.  So I encourage you to talk about what you hold inside with someone.  Be thinking about who that or they WHO they might be, that you would feel safe in sharing with.  But please know that I am all ears and all heart 24 hours a day for you. And even if you just want me to hang, because that in itself can be such a comfort, I am here for that too.

Son, I do so love you. My heart is so with you.  I am so proud to be your Mom-it is an honor.  Counting the hours until we are together again......

Mompo

                                                                     -30-

In the days and weeks and months ahead, there will be a different battle being waged against our soldiers as they return home from Afghanistan.  This Mother's words to her son personifies what we should be praying for.  Be AWARE.  And do not be afraid to seek help where help is best served.  The LORD is there for you.  Take refuge in Psalm 91.

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.”
 3 Surely he will save you
   from the fowler’s snare
   and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
   and under his wings you will find refuge;
   his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
   nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
   nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
   ten thousand at your right hand,
   but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
   and see the punishment of the wicked.
 9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
   and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
   no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
   so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
   you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
 14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
   I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
   I will be with him in trouble,
   I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
   and show him my salvation.”


YGG,

John   

No comments:

Post a Comment